On-Line Streaming Guide
Before you Start
Welcome to this Quick Start guide, and thank you for wanting to join our services on-line. This guide will help you join and be part of the services that we broadcast on ‘YouTube’.
Sidmouth Parish Church live-streams the weekly 10:00am Sunday Eucharist service.
Additional services are also live-streamed at Easter, Christmas and some other times.
Live-streaming means the service can be joined on-line in real time - you are able to join the service and be spiritually with us. If you can’t make the time of the service, then it is also recorded and can be viewed after the event.
If you need further help, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
What do I need?
Joining our service on-line needs either:
• A personal computer or a laptop computer, or
• A tablet device or a smartphone, or
• An internet connected ‘Smart’ television - these are TV’s that have an in-built internet capability or connect to the internet with an external device such as Amazon Firewire or Apple TV.
If you already use your computer, tablet, smartphone or ‘Smart’ TV on the internet, then you are good to go!
How can I join the service?
The Sunday Eucharist begins broadcasting at 09:45am when you’ll see the preparation of the church, and hear the opening music. The service starts at 10:00am.
Times of services may change slightly during festive seasons and at a few special events such as Remembrance Sunday. These timings will be clearly shown in the church’s weekly bulletin.
Joining the Sunday service is easy.
If you have a personal computer, laptop tablet or smartphone, then the link below in your internet browser will automatically connect you to our service. (You can join at any time during the service, but remember not to join before 09:45am for the 10:00am Eucharist service).
If you have an internet connected ‘Smart’ TV, there are generally four steps involved.
1. Turn on the TV and connect to the internet.
2. Go to the internet options on your TV and connect to ‘YouTube'. Some ‘Smart’ TVs have a ‘YouTube’ button on the remote control. Other TVs have a clickable
‘YouTube’ link on the home page of internet options.
3. Select the search tool in ‘YouTube’ (this looks like a magnifying glass, normally on the top left-hand side of the screen) and type in and select ‘Sidmouth Parish Church’.
4. This will bring up the Sidmouth Parish Church ‘YouTube’ site and the range of videos available. The current Sunday service will be ‘top of the list’ - click on this to start viewing. (But remember not to join before 09:45am for the 10:00am Eucharist service).
How can I watch a service after it has finished?
All of our services are stored online and can be viewed for several weeks following the service. In order to see a service after it has finished:
1. Connect your computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone or ‘Smart’ TV to the internet.
2. Connect to YouTube.com - via the internet web browser on your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone or from the home page of internet options on your ‘Smart’ TV.
3. Select the search tool in ‘YouTube’ (this looks like a magnifying glass) and type in and select ‘Sidmouth Parish Church’.
4. This will bring up the Sidmouth Parish Church ‘YouTube' site and the range of videos available. You can scroll through the videos to select the service that you would like to watch.
A Final Tip - Subscribe to Sidmouth Parish Church’s YouTube channel
Whilst not essential, subscribing to Sidmouth Parish Church’s ‘YouTube’ channel will make it easier to access recordings.
Simply click the ‘Subscribe’ button when on the Sidmouth Parish Church YouTube home page.
There is no cost for subscribing to our channel - it just makes things a bit simpler for you.
The tech team at Sidmouth Parish Church would value your feedback of how this Quick Start guide could be improved to help you more. Please write to us via email to email@example.com .
We look forward to welcoming you to our online worship community and hope that you now feel able to join us.